CESBA is pleased to provide the final version of its LBS Digital Literacy Curriculum. The curriculum includes:
Special thank you to:
▪ Angela Williams, Curriculum Developer,
▪ The Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities for funding this project
▪ LBS Digital Curriculum Committee Members: Constance Gibbings, Daphne Lane, and Karen Morgan, for their help, edits, and suggestions
▪ Monika Jankowski-Pacyna from Alphaplus for her information on accessibility tools and online meeting software and Samantha Branje at OSL Retail for her advice concerning mobile device basics
▪ TR Leger School, STEP Program for sharing information from the program’s Essential Skills for Computer Use manuals
▪ The Learning HUB, The Centres for Employment and Learning of the Avon Maitland District School Board for information about their online classes for the Suggested Resources Section
▪ Editor Alexandra Peace for her suggestions and helpful changes
We hope you find this resource useful!
CESBA and Community Literacy of Ontario are pleased to share the recorded version of our joint webinar HANDS ON, SKILLS UP! Employment-Related Experiential Learning in LBS Organizations, which was held November 28 and December 4, 2017.
December 4, 2017
2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Community Literacy of Ontario has conducted research into employment-related experiential learning opportunities in LBS. We received survey responses from 66 LBS organizations, conducted 25 key informant interviews, and collected success stories. Now, we are eager to share the resulting knowledge of employment-related experiential learning in LBS with you!
CESBA and our partner, Community Literacy Ontario, are pleased to share the recorded version of our webinar HANDS ON, SKILLS UP! Employment-Related Experiential Learning in LBS Organizations.
Click here to access the recording and participant handouts
CESBA has launched the newly updated Literacy & Basic Skills (LBS) Practitioner Training website at lbs.cesba.com. The updated training modules, intended for new LBS practitioners and managers, are easy follow and understand. The fun and interactive modules are aligned with the OALCF, milestones and culminating tasks. People who complete all course modules will receive a certificate.