CESBA is dedicated to supporting and promoting school board adult and continuing education (A&CE) programs across Ontario. Through advocacy and capacity building, CESBA strives to advance A&CE in the province and to give professionals the skills, tools and knowledge they need to make their programs a success for the betterment of learners.
We work closely with our government funders and senior school board administration, and provide evidence of the relevance and positive impact of A&CE programs delivered by Ontario school boards.
What is Adult and Continuing Education (A&CE)?
A&CE programs are flexible and include different supports for adult learners. The supports enable adult learners to achieve their learning and employment goals. A&CE programs in Ontario school boards include credit courses leading to a high school diploma, language support programs such as ESL/FSL and LINC/CLIC, and literacy and academic upgrading to help people transition to credit, employment or post-secondary education. Some school boards offer sector specific training programs such as the Personal Support Worker certification, chef training, child-care worker, personal trainer, and hair styling.
Ministry of Education Funded Projects
CESBA is working in partnership with the Ministry of Education to deliver projects in six areas of work:
- Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR) for Mature Students
- Mobilization of knowledge, networks and innovation to improve practice and demonstrate the value of Adult and Continuing Education (A&CE)
- Electronic Reporting in A&CE
- Professional Development for New Administrators in A&CE
- Supporting Regional Planning and Development
- Training for credit teachers