CONTRACT / 4 DAYS PER WEEK (Monday to Thursday)
CESBA (The Ontario Association of Adult and Continuing Education School Board Administrators, www.cesba.com) is a bilingual, provincial, non-profit professional association that represents, advocates for, and supports Adult and Continuing Education (A&CE) program staff working over 60 school boards across Ontario. We celebrate twenty-five years of incorporation next year. We are relentless in our commitment to build the capacity of professionals working in the A&CE sector, through knowledge mobilization and exchange opportunities, community partnerships, advocacy, proposals and innovations that contribute to life-changing results.
CESBA is a great place to work! We recognize that shifting tides demand a different perspective as we grow. CESBA offers an organization-wide four-day work week, which provides the flexibility to manage your time and energy. You will be given meaningful work to engage your capabilities, along with an attractive mix of pay, health and retirement benefits. Additionally, you will have access to our standard selection of technology tools and software in the course of your time with us. Our organization operates fully remotely with some travel throughout Ontario based on the needs of our organization, members and stakeholders. The annual starting salary range is $55,000 – $60,000, with an annual renewable cycle of September 1 to August 31.
As we create new and different ways to design and deliver our work, we’re looking forward to welcoming an individual who will bring their passion to our vision – to be a key partner to champion adult and continuing education programs for Ontarians.
To be successful in this role, you are someone who has:
- Post-secondary achievement (ideally with a focus on education and/or government) or minimally, 5 years’ equivalent experience.
- Educational and/or work-related experience in community stakeholder relations, employment, political studies, public policy, public administration or non-profit sector.
- Project management and managerial know-how to engage and optimize the contributions of a multi-disciplinary team, group, or committee, to execute deliverables.
- A strategic and critical thinker, with stellar verbal and written communication skills.
- French language skills strongly encouraged.
- Expert ability coordinating forums that assemble like-minded professionals to share perspectives and promising practices.
- Curated innovative programming and produced professional development events, both in-person and virtual.
- A demonstrated ability to build partnerships, envision innovation, develop proposals, and prepare and manage a budget.
- The ability to develop financial resources (e.g., grant writing, sponsorships, proposal writing).
- Knowledge of the education sector and the Ontario school board community, the non-profit sector, and the labour market and employment landscape, recognizing opportunities, realities and limitations, to inform and guide organizational objectives.
- An ease with a remote work environment, and the availability to occasionally travel to locations in the province for in-person meetings and capacity-building events, based on evolving service requirements.
- Self-sufficiency with digital tools (e.g., Eventbrite, LinkedIn, MS Office, Teams, SurveyMonkey, Zoom, etc.).
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Innovation and Logistics Specialist will be an integral part of our internal team to advance our work. You will apply key strategic thinking to senior level operations, stakeholder outreach and engagement. Your primary focus will be to produce capacity-building events that invigorate networks amongst colleagues; enable our member school boards to strengthen relations with Ministry partners and community stakeholders; and create new collaborations with external partners.
At CESBA, we are uncovering new opportunities and exploring uncharted territory to expand our reach and impact across the province. These are exciting times in A&CE and your natural curiosity will be essential as our journey unfolds. Our staff is a team of seven; we are small, but we are mighty!
Working with the Executive Director, your key priorities will include:
- Staging the annual major knowledge-mobilization event over multiple days to support and engage our membership in coordination with CESBA’s event planning partner, including duties such as, leading content curation and program planning, collaborating on end-to-end events management, pre-planning, writing interim updates and final reports, monitoring the budget, ensuring plans are in place to meet critical timeframes and deliverables.
- Facilitating multiple capacity-developing regional events, both in-person and virtual.
- Identifying potential funding opportunities that are aligned with strategic imperatives and develop funding opportunities with colleagues.
- Providing leadership to and supporting various internal and external committees to align objectives, mobilize knowledge and identify resource-sharing and professional development opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY
We’re looking forward to hearing about your passion for this work. This may take the form of a cover letter and resume, but we’re open to other forms of expression. Tell us why this work matters to you and the impact you believe you can make with the team at CESBA. When you apply, be sure to quote ‘Innovation and Logistics Specialist’ in the subject line of your message, to email@example.com – Attention: Selection Committee, no later than May 23, 2023 by 12 PM (noon).
We appreciate the energy it takes to assemble your application, and with this in mind, we will be thoughtfully reaching out to those individuals who we believe closely meet the essence of and show potential for success in this role.
If you’re among those we select to engage in conversations with us, please don’t hesitate to mention if we can remove any barriers or obstacles that will enhance your experience. It’s what the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, expects us to do, but we also believe it’s simply the right thing to do! Reach out to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org