Please join CESBA online for the New Administrators Day.
If you are a principal, vice-principal, or superintendent who has been in your current position for three years or less, please join us for our virtual New Administrators Workshop.
Facilitator: Len Noens
8:50 a.m. – Welcome and Introductions – Bernadette Beaupre
9:00 a.m. – Ministry Presentations (30 minutes)
9:30 a.m. – An overview of Adult and Continuing Education (1 hour 15 minutes)
- Welcome to this new world (a basic overview that will help orient administrators brand new to the A&CE) (45 minutes) – Paul Cox
- Leadership competencies needed in A&CE (15 minutes) – Paul Cox
- CESBA’s role and resources – they are here to help! (15 minutes) – Julie Bodiam
10:45 a.m. Extended Break (45min)
11:30 a.m. – How to help students reduce their time spent in Adult Education and overcome barriers (1 hour 15 minutes)
- PLAR for Mature students – how it reduces the number credits needed
- What is it?
- Who are eligible?
- How can it reduce the number of credits a student needs to earn?
- What is the process for someone to earn or be granted grade 9 and 10 credits? For grade 11-12 credits?
- How does it help new immigrants?
- How does it help support your guidance staffing? (25 minutes) – Andrea Murphy
- PLAR programming and the impact on enrollment, student engagement, retention and time spent completing their OSSD (25 minutes) – Stacey Ritchie, Andrea Ellsworth
- Complex needs of adult learners (25 minutes) – James Dowhaniuk
12:45 p.m. Lunch (45 minutes)
1:30 p.m. – Best practices and networking (1 hour 15 minutes)
- Best Practices (45 minutes) – Susie Nunes, Tania Connell, Sharon Rajabi
- Move to regional breakout rooms for discussion (30 minutes) – Stacey Ritchie, Susie Nunes, Jeff Moore, Julie Bodiam, James Dowhaniuk, and France Chapdelaine – French regions
- Experienced administrator/mentor facilitates each group
- Meet and greet (30 seconds for each participant)
- Discussion, Networking Topics
- Share programs that your Board offers
- How has COVID affected your programs?
2:45 p.m. – Back to main room for closing and workshop evaluation
For further information about this event, please contact Hillary at email@example.com