The Ontario Association of Adult & Continuing Education School Board Administrators (CESBA) is in search of a full-time Executive Director. CESBA is a non-profit organization governed by a Board of Directors which operates as a Policy Governance board. The Executive Director is accountable to the board for the achievement of conditions favourable to the delivery of exemplary adult and continuing education by Ontario school boards.
The Executive Director has the authority and accountability for the day to day management of the association including membership services; networking, collaboration and exchange of information opportunities; financial management; strategic planning; human resources; and communications including the association’s website. The Executive Director is required to manage the association within the constraints established in board policies to promote and advance adult and continuing education in Ontario, and take the organization to its next level.
The successful candidate will need to:
• Maintain an operational base for the association
• Manage the needs and demands of the membership and advance the networking opportunities for members
• Maintain effective relationships with Ministry stakeholders
• Establish alliances with other similar associations and key stakeholders in adult and continuing education
• Enhance the level of advocacy for, and be an expert contributor in the public debate concerning adult and continuing education issues that affect Ontario school boards
• Work in the CESBA office location in downtown Toronto
Education and Knowledge
• University degree in a relevant field or education/experience that would be considered equivalent
• Experience working with John Carver’s Policy Governance model is an asset
• Knowledgeable in the field of adult and continuing education is an asset
• Proven track record of working with the provincial Ministries and key public sector stakeholder groups
• Experience preparing successful proposals and grant applications
• Managerial experience; in a non-profit organization is an asset
• Demonstrated leadership experience including the ability to inspire, motivate and lead a dedicated and talented team
• Experience in the planning and organization of networking, collaboration and exchange of information opportunities
• Demonstrated practice of providing strategic leadership
Skills and Attributes
• Exemplary interpersonal skills with the proven ability to advocate and articulate on behalf of the membership’s best interest
• A diplomatic, service-oriented, collaborative and motivational leader, networker and advocate of adult and continuing education programs with strong business acumen
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong Public Speaker
• Proven ability to successfully develop and implement province-wide projects involving contract personnel
• Experience in all aspects of IT including proficiency in MS Office; website and database content creation and management; and influencing and promoting the CESBA brand through regular social media activity
• Ability to interpret and develop financial information in relation to budget planning, monitoring and reporting
• Proficiency in French, both written and oral, is an asset
The successful candidate will commence April 2021 with a renewable, annual contract and competitive process every four years.
Applicants should submit their resume by 4:00 pm on January 31, 2021 via e-mail to: email@example.com
CESBA is an inclusive work environment and as such has a workplace accommodation policy in place. Accommodations are available, upon request, for the interview process and other selection stages for job applicants with accessibility needs.