CESBA Quality Assurance Support Auditor
One year contract, flexible hours within your schedule – weekdays/weekends/evenings. Approximately 160 hours total.
November 1, 2023-June 30, 2024
CESBA(The Ontario Association of Adult and Continuing Education School Board Administrators,(www.cesba.com), is a bilingual, provincial, non-profit professional association that represents, advocates for, and supports Adult and Continuing Education (A&CE) program staff.
CESBA currently provides oversight through their Quality Assurance, (QA) process to 26 school boards that offer the Personal Support Worker, (PSW), certificate training program across the province. To assist the QA Lead Auditor, we are seeking a support auditor with a focused goal of ensuring excellence in training and programming is delivered through District School Boards, (DSBs).
CESBA is offering a contracted flexible work week position which provides the flexibility to manage your time and energy in coordination with the QA Lead Auditor. Our organization operates fully remotely with expected travel throughout Ontario based on the requirement for PSW program site visits. Renumeration for the year is $5,000 plus reimbursement for all expenses incurred for travel throughout Ontario to complete QA site visits.
As we look to maintain excellence in PSW education, we are looking forward to welcoming an individual who will bring their passion and professionalism – to be a support to the QA Auditor.
To be successful in this role, ideally you are someone who has:
- Post-secondary achievement preferably with a focus on health care and education, or minimally, 3 years’ equivalent health care experience, or healthcare training experience
- Current good standing with the CNO as an RN or RPN
- A strategic and critical thinker, with stellar verbal and written communication skills.
- French language skills strongly preferred
- Expert knowledge in current PSW Training Program Standards
- Experience in oversight of training programs encouraged
- Experience with development and delivery of program curriculum an asset
- A demonstrated passion for both embracing and supporting excellence in PSW training
- Strong knowledge of the PSW education sector through Ontario school boards
- An ease with a remote work environment, and the availability and ability to travel frequently to locations in the province for QA site visits
- Self-sufficiency with digital tools (e.g., Eventbrite, MS Office, Teams, Zoom, etc.)
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Quality Assurance, (QA) Support Auditor will be an integral part in the oversight of school board PSW programs and will work alongside the QA Lead Auditor to ensure programs are following the current PSW Training Standards and the CESBA QA requirements. Your primary focus will be to work with the QA Lead Auditor to review required PSW program documents as well as attend to on-site visits for a review of the classroom and lab training areas. In addition, speaking with program administrators, instructors, program placements and students as guided by the QA Lead will be expected.
Working with the Quality Assurance Lead Auditor your key priorities will include:
- assisting the QA Lead Auditor with review of submitted, required QA documents from school board PSW programs undergoing the QA process in the current year, (total for 2023/2024 year is 7-8 boards)
- noting any areas of concern within programming according to the current PSW Training Standards
- assisting the QA Lead Auditor on discussion of submitted documents
- travelling to each of the school board programs undergoing the QA process for a QA site visit, (along with the QA Lead Auditor), including classroom site, lab site and placement site as needed
- supporting the QA Lead Auditor with review of completed documents at each of the site visits
- supporting the QA Lead Auditor with interviewing: program administration, instructors, placement leads and students as needed
- submitting to the QA Lead Auditor any collected documentation notes on the individual site visits to be included in a QA Final Report
HOW TO APPLY
We are looking forward to hearing about your passion for this work. This may take the form of a cover letter and resume, but we’re open to other forms of expression. Tell us why this work matters to you and the impact you believe you can make with the Quality Assurance team at CESBA. When you apply, be sure to quote ‘Quality Assurance Support Auditor’ in the subject line of your message.
Email your application and resume to: email@example.com – Attention: Selection Committee, no later than September 29, 2023, 4:00pm (EST).
We appreciate the energy it takes to assemble your application, and with this in mind, we will be thoughtfully reaching out to those individuals who we believe closely meet the essence of and show potential for success in this role.
If you’re among those we select to engage in conversations with us, please don’t hesitate to mention if we can remove any barriers or obstacles to enhance your experience. It’s what the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, expects us to do, but we also believe it’s simply the right thing to do! Reach out to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org