PLAR Coordinator/teacher will work with Eenchokay Birchstick School administration and under the directio
The Pikangikum Education Authority is seeking a motivated individual who is interested in a career as a PLAR Program Coordinator. We require a dedicated and caring educator to work with our adult population to support them in achieving their OSSD.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- PLAR Coordinator will work with EBS administration and under the direction of the PEA to develop and support the ongoing delivery of services to students 18 years old and older that will present them a pathway for an Ontario Secondary School Diploma
- To be present and on time each day to support the registered PLAR students.
- Develop processes and options for students to work through their assessments and courses in a manner conducive to learning.
- Instruct all students in their charge according to the direction provided by the PEA Board of Trustees, Director, the Assistant Education Director, Principal, and Vice-Principal.
- Ensure the program is understood by the community and students on an ongoing basis.
- Develop processes and options for students to work through their assessments and courses in a manner conducive tolearning.
Desired Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- To be a member in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers (OCT) or to be eligible for membership.
- To be a good educational leader that can problem solve and build capacity with their staff members.
- Knowledge of Indigenous Culture an asset.
- Excellent pedagogical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work positively with other staff members.
Closing Date to submit in resumes: September 30, 2022.
Please forward your resume to the following email addresses: email@example.com
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Pikangikum Education Authority looks forward to hearing from all interested candidates. Please feel free to visit our school website (www.ebs-school.org) to learn more about our school community! Thank you!
n of the Pikangikum Education Authority to develop and support the ongoing delivery of services to students 18 years old and older that will present them with a pathway for an Ontario Secondary School Diploma.