January 24, 2019
Chestnut Residence and Conference Centre
89 Chestnut St.
Time: 8:00 a.m. – 2:45 p.m.
Join CESBA for the North region meeting on January 24 in Toronto! Get news and updates from CESBA and participate in discussions on key issues in specific areas of adult and continuing education in Northern Ontario. Guest speaker Bernie Moseley-Williams (Nipissing-Parry Sound CDSB) will present his outstanding workshop from the CESBA Conference 2018 “My Anxious Mind: The Reluctant Superpower“.
Expense Claim Form
Rooms can be booked at the special event rate of $149/night at the Doubletree by Hilton, which is directly across the street from the Chestnut Conference Centre. CESBA will reimburse up to $125 for accommodations. Please reserve your hotel room by January 15. Book your room here*
*Ensure that you select the correct dates on the online booking form.
CESBA will reimburse all participants up to $250 for round-trip travel to the meeting. Please use the expense form to submit your expenses for reimbursement.
November 7, 2018
This one-day professional learning in-service is intended for superintendents, principals and vice-principals new to adult and continuing education (three years or less in their current position).
Ordre du jour
Resources and web links
Venue & accommodation
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Downtown
108 Chestnut Street
Time: 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (breakfast and lunch included)
About the In-service
To support the successful transition from a regular day school to the diverse environment of adult, alternative and continuing education, the in-service will:
- Provide an overview of how funding, staffing and resource allocation works to support the delivery of cost-effective adult, alternative and continuing education programs;
- Introduce administrators to key local/regional service delivery networks that support adult learners in achieving their education and career/life goals (e.g., literacy networks, workforce planning boards, employment networks);
- Provide networking opportunities with practicing administrators so that administrators can ask questions related specifically to the adult, alternative and continuing education programs they are responsible
Topics to be covered include:
- Complex needs of adult learners and ways boards have addressed the needs of adult learners in achieving their education and career/life goals;
- Adult, alternative and continuing education program operational structures and processes (e.g., PLAR for mature students, continuing education funding registers, and reporting requirements).
Funding is available to cover only a PARTIAL cost of the travel, accommodation and meals for attendees, for up to 2 participants per board. Please refer to the expense claim form for details.
Accommodation will be available across the street from the venue at the Toronto Hilton Doubletree, 108 Chestnut St. Toronto M5G 1R3. If the school board office is more than 100 km away, the cost of accommodation on November 6th will be partially covered. If the school board office is less than 100 km away, there is no funding available for accommodation. Rooms must be booked by October 23, 2018 in order to receive the per night rate of $199 plus tax.
For further information about this event, please contact Hillary Arnold, CESBA Project Manager at 416.597.1904 ext. 2 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
October 26, 2018
Peel District School Board
100 Elm Drive West
October 18, 2018
Ottawa-Carleton District School Board
440 Albert St.
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
October 11, 2018
London District Catholic School Board
5200 Wellington Road South
Parking is to the left when you enter the parking lot.
November 30 – December 1, 2017
Pre-Conference: November 29, 2017
Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, ON
Visit http://conference.cesba.com/ to register and for more details.
May 13, 2015
Provincial Advisory Committee on the Implementation of the Adult Education Strategy
Learn more about the Adult Credit Education Strategy